New Year, New Ideas

I spent two hours in bed this morning catching up on my favorite blogs. That's not really out of the ordinary for me, but I'm making a point here. I read this hilarious post on Greetings from Texas about her family's Christmas celebration that made me want to take more pictures of my own family, pinned this outfit because I recently thrifted a floral blazer and wanted ideas on how to wear it, and decided I'm going to make this soup with my leftover turkey from Christmas day. Hmm…I sure do get a lot of my inspiration from the internet. In fact, all my so called "ideas" are actually someone else's. I just tweak them a bit. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I've been thinking about blogging again, but I didn't want it to be as one-dimensional as The Closet de Natalie. I wanted the freedom to write about everything, but needed a way to focus it. It hit me this morning in the midst of my laziness. I'll write about where I find my inspiration on the internet. This blog will be a collection of my attempts to recreate the outfit ideas, recipes, beauty trends, and DIY projects I stumble upon. Plus, it'll give me an actual reason to keep up with all my favorite blogs. I'm researching!

It'll be tough getting back on a regular blogging schedule, but I have a lot of ideas for posts already. I hope you're looking forward to reading them. I'm excited to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment